There are many areas of the home that is easy to keep clean, and most homeowners realize the challenges of keeping the sofa in pristine condition. Scrubbing bathrooms, cleaning floors, doing the dishes, all seem like routine chores that most people due on a routine basis. However, most do not even give the couch a thought when it comes to cleaning. After learning about the nasty little things hiding in your sofa, you will likely be more proactive in ensuring your couch and other upholstered furniture is cleaned and sanitized more often. With this in mind, we at Mr Madison Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Specialists would like to elaborate on the nasty thing that are hidden in your couch.
Sofa & Upholstery Contamination of Bugs, Mold, Dust Mites & More
1) Dust Mites and Allergens on Sofas: Thriving in soft upholstery fibers is the dust mites, along with their shed skins and fecal matter. Other allergens just as easily attach to the sofa, which easily cause irritation and trigger your allergies, asthma, and other serious respiratory issues. With your efforts, along with a deep professional cleaning once or twice a year, you can better manage the allergens that assault you. Additionally, with deep professional cleaning, the indoor air quality is improved as allergens removed from upholstery and carpets remove nearly all of the allergens and most of the airborne bacteria.
2) Viruses and Bacteria on Upholstery: Through daily living alone, most germs are easily spread as the upholstery is the perfect conductor. Couches are a high traffic area as everyone, including kids and pets, often lounge, sit, eat, and play, the sofa is the riskiest place in the home to be where germs are concerned. To help keep the couch clean and sanitized, as well avoid spreading illnesses, have the upholstery professionally cleaned every 6 months.
3) Mold and Mildew on Couch: Creating the perfect environment for mold to grow, the soft upholstery fibers absorb moisture like a sponge. Mold is known to trigger allergies and asthma but over exposure can cause other ailments to develop. Getting rid pf mold is a health concern and is unsanitary. Upholstery cleaning can eliminate mold and mold spores to better protect you and your family.
4) Grease and Oils on Upholstered Furniture: Transferring easily to couches and other upholstery furniture, grease and oils from food, messy fingers, and bodies can affect the sofa. The oils and grease are like magnets to dirt and substances as well as germs, causing unsightly spotting and staining as well as unsanitary conditions. Extend the longevity of your furniture and better control the potential germs and potential stains with routine upholstery cleaning in order to keep this unavoidable accumulation of oils at bay.
5) Harmful Substances and Toxic Chemicals on Sofas: Inevitably finding its way onto your furniture, the cleaning chemicals, paint particles, dust, and whatever else is gloating in the air can impact the sofa. The chemicals and toxin deposits that can irritate your skin are expertly removed during the cleaning process.
Sofa Upholstery Cleaning & More in Warren, Madison Heights, Livonia, Ann Arbor & Detroit, MI | Tri County Area of Wayne, Macomb & Oakland Counties Michigan
If you haven’t gotten your sofa cleaned by expert professionals in more than 12 months, or it simply is due for a cleaning, call in the certified professionals of Mr Madison Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Specialists and let our experts clean, sanitize, and deodorize your upholstery. Contact us today!